HUB24 leads the wealth industry as the best provider of integrated platform, technology and data solutions. At HUB24, we know the smartest investments start with our people. We are innovative and ambitious, and we move fast.
At HUB24, we empower our employees to bring their ideas and creativity to work. Rather than getting bogged down in bureaucracy and red tape, we build a culture that supports our team members to have a real impact on our business and the success of our customers.
HUB24 Limited is a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: HUB)
We’re seeking a full stack Java developer who will be responsible to design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards to meet the business objectives by ensuring successful completion of analytical, building, testing, and deployment tasks of our systems.
This person will have complete, end-to-end ownership of projects. The ideal candidate should have experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages.
This role is based in our Melbourne office. We have a hybrid approach to work, 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
- Manage all full stack development activities
- Approach system planning and development in a systematic and mature way
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Assist with project delivery by participating in design reviews, walk-throughs, estimation, On-time delivery within the approved budget
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to design technical solutions that support business initiatives and requirements
- Create and maintain developer documentation
- Participate and contribute to peer development and training
- Develop a satisfactory level of security and quality
- Contribute to Group Technology initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a full stack java developer
- Extensive experience in relational database design and programming, using MySQL (AWS Aurora)
- Knowledge and experience in NoSQL database are bonus
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as struts, spring and developing RESTFUL API’s and API documentation
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban
We think creatively and we’re not constrained by traditional thinking or barriers to success. We’re led by experts, realists with ideas, grounded in commercial reality who are bold enough to visualise the future a little differently and to advocate for what matters to our clients. We are here to lead change because, even though we’ve come such a long way together, we’re not done yet – we’re committed to empowering better financial futures for more Australians.
We know that when our people are engaged and happy, our customers feel the difference. We operate a hybrid workplace model across our offices with plenty of work from home flexibility: Tell us what you need to be successful. Come help us grow and evolve so we can empower better financial futures.