Pet Universe is a progressive, high quality, small animal veterinary practice located 10 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD. With many years of veterinary experience, we have become an employer and practice of choice and Telstra Small Business Awards SA 2013 & 2015 Finalists. We were the recipients of the Australian Veterinary Associations coveted Small Animal Practice of Excellence in 2015.
- New or Recent Graduate?
Our graduate induction plan will help you practice with confidence and settle in to practice life smoothly. We have some very experienced veterinarians that will provide mentorship and support for your early years as a vet. For further information please email us at email@example.com
- An Experienced All-rounder?
If you don’t have any special interest areas that’s fine. If you are keen to join an innovative practice that is about to launch another suite of services that will greatly enhance small animal recovery and quality of life then we may be the practice for you.
- A Vet with a Special Interest in Feline Medicine, Surgery, Canine Rehabilitation or Radiology?
We are keen to talk to veterinarians with a special interest in feline medicine, surgery, canine rehabilitation as well as all-rounders. Opportunities exist for further training and study in these areas with our 4 Year Working Scholarships. We hold ISFM Gold Cat Accreditation at both Pet Universe Broadview & Northgate.
What Does Pet Universe Stand For?
We believe in offering the very best healthcare in an innovative, professional, caring, enjoyable, consistent and value-for-money way. That’s why all our wellness procedures are designed to be affordable without compromising our standards so all routine procedures include pre-G.A.s and I.V. fluids capnography and blood pressure monitoring as standard. In addition, our standard consults are 20 minutes long or 30 minutes for new clients. This enables us to promote our unique features including Fear Free techniques for all our patients which falls in line with our Cat Friendly Gold Accreditation. We have a large number of qualified veterinary nurses and dedicated Client Relations team members. We have performed over many stem cell treatments on cats and dogs and the results are outstanding. Lastly, we have some really great clients who want to do the best for their pets and say “Yes” to our treatment recommendations.
So How Do We All Stay In Touch?
All the team get together once a month for a three-hour Practice Meeting on a Wednesday afternoon from 1- 4 p.m. to receive Practice updates, clinical updates and training sessions on a number of different topics.
So What About All The Toys?
We offer the highest standards of veterinary care so you are able to practice veterinary care to your highest level. We have a philosophy of diagnostic-based veterinary care and encourage on-going postgraduate training.
- Complete anaesthetic monitors for each anaesthetic station with in-house trained and dedicated nurses to monitor your patient.
- Pulse oximetry, non -invasive BP, core body temperature and capnometry routinely.
- Advanced patient care e.g. bear huggers and all fluids including intraoperative fluids delivered with infusion pumps
- We use advanced pain relief in our surgeries ie continuous rate infusion of lignocaine and ketamine
- Diagnostic ECG.
- In-house ultrasonography (with colour Doppler for both cardiac and TDI for abdominal work).
- Flexible endoscopy.
- Digital x-ray.
- Dedicated dental x-ray machines and latest digital IM3 dental processors.
- Air powered dental bases.
- Idexx and REM in-house labs and microscopy.
- Full Surgical services including mandibulectomies, plating, advanced cruciate repair eg TTO, external fixation, skin grafts and flaps, corneal grafts and dystichia surgery are amongst the many procedures done- great opportunity to improve your skills
- Full Medical services including chemotherapy
- Therapeutic laser & ultrasound, tens , interferential therapy ,canine myotherapy
- Hydrotherapy – underwater treadmill
- Stem cell harvesting & processing equipment
- PRP (protein rich platelets) treatment
- Needlescope arthroscopy & standard arthroscopy
- RxWorks computerised system
- We are an accredited cat friendly practice
- Separate cat and dog receptions & consult rooms at Pet Universe Northgate
What we can offer you
- Apersonable & supportive environment working alongside the practice owners
- Interesting & varied caseload
- State of the art facilities
- Annual CPD allowance, 1 weeks paid study leave & 4 weeks annual leave
- Ability to carve out your own special interest niche & progress in your chosen direction
- Access to our 4-Year Working Scholarships postgraduate certificates /memberships
- Access to VIN & AVA Graduate Membership & Mentoring Programme
- Access for you and your family to our Workplace Wellness Scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination at our onsite clinic for those who want
- Team social fund which supports activities such as our annual wine tour and more
- Competitive salary & relocation allowance for suitable candidates
- Visa sponsorship for suitably qualified overseas vets
We are 5-10 minutes northeast from Adelaide with all the benefits of living in Adelaide, and 20-25 minutes from the beaches and Barossa Valley. Locally, there are a great variety of restaurants and cafes, new cinemas and facilities including fantastic public and private schools nearby. To find out more about us visit us on www.petuniverse.com.au.
Future partnership opportunities exist for a committed veterinarian.
Remuneration is above Award pay, and performance-based bonus and one-week’s paid CPD are available. We are E482 Business Sponsors and can sponsor in veterinarians with an Australian-recognised qualification. All applications handled in strictest confidence. Email your C.V. and cover letter to Claire Lee, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.