The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland. Our purpose is ‘great care every day’.
About your opportunity
Townsville Hospital and Health Service are currently seeking to recruit a Patient Services Officer to their team on a Permanent full-time basis. This position sits within the Medical Service Group located at The Townsville University Hospital.
This role delivers exceptional person-centred customer service to patients, their families and the public. The role works collaboratively as a member of the administrative team and provides quality support to deliver a high standard of organisational and patient-focused outcomes. This role contributes to creating an exceptional place to work by consistently aligning workplace behaviours to organisational values.
The Ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following
- Advanced customer service experience relevant to the public health setting including the demonstration of patience, understanding, confidentiality and a positive approach that includes the ability to deescalate difficult situations.
- High level written, verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with internal and external customers and stakeholders at various levels.
- Demonstrated awareness of, and ability to actively and effectively participate in a working environment supporting contemporary human resource practices including workplace health and safety, employment equity and anti-discrimination, ethical behaviour and continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to work effectively as an individual with limited supervision or collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, establishing work priorities, meeting deadlines, coordinating tasks and workflow and adapting as required to meet the needs of a changing work environment.
Generous remuneration package value up to $87,657 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $68,740 to $76,828 p.a. (AO3)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- 3 month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.