Medical Orderly (503592)
Department of Health
Launceston General Hospital
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 04 December, 2022 11:55 PM
The Medical Orderly provides:
- Medical Orderly services throughout the Launceston General Hospital (LGH) including Radiology.
- Assistance to Medical and Nursing in the lifting, positioning and general care of patients; and
- An immediate response to Code Blacks as members of the Aggression Management Team.
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Medical Orderly team work closely together and consistently demonstrate the core values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. This role would suit someone that likes variety within a fast-paced environment.
Details of Appointment
Casual position working as and when required, for twelve months commencing from 23rd January 2023
- notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary:$55,407 – $57,805 pro rata, per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Knowledge of skills required in lifting and positioning of patients following Work Health and Safety principles at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff and visitors and provide a caring approach towards patients of the Hospital including their relatives and friends, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work under general supervision and as part of a team including complying with current Workplace Diversity principles.
- Knowledge of practices, equipment and procedures relating to Medical Orderly involvement in patient care.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures (Fire, Bomb Threats, Evacuation and Aggression).
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Acting Medical Orderly Co-ordinator
Phone: (03) 6777 6417
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.