- Full-time, permanent role
- Exciting opportunity
- Sydney based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
The Market Analyst role will assist in providing qualitative and quantitative analysis of global commodity markets such as natural gas, coal, oil and LPG and assist in determining the impact on Origin’s trading and asset portfolios. The role will actively develop and maintain models, data processes and generally support the team’s analytic, modelling and reporting framework.
This is a unique opportunity to join a great team based in Sydney. Reporting to the Manager, Market Analysis you’ll be responsible for:
- Collecting and interpreting data, analysing results and reporting back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets · Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Identify the fundamental drivers of commodity prices, eg. demand, supply, weather, geopolitics, competition, transport, etc.
- Design and develop regular reports to track the relevant market factors.
- Research the commodity markets to identify the factors that drive prices and identify data sources so these factors can be tracked/monitored.
- Understand how global prices affect Origin’s portfolio of physical supply and financial futures contracts.
- Build models to provide insight on how identified drivers affect prices.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to have exceptional communication skills with the ability to easily build rapport with others.
You can show, through the work you’ve done that you have:
- 2 to 3 years of commercial experience in an analysis role.
- Desire to learn new things.
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Competent SQL coding skills
- Experience in building reports using tools like Tableau or Microsoft Power BI.
- Proactive nature
- Demonstrated commitment to continual learning
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large data sets statements
Origin – Where good change happens
At Origin, we’re powered by people who believe in creating collective change. We’re creating more diverse and inclusive workplaces for everyone because the more perspectives we have, in a place where everyone can belong, the better we can tackle our challenges together. We are united, yet unique.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, gender equitable workforce, where all applications are evaluated on merit and potential. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people living with disabilities, culturally diverse people, any stage in life, people with intersex variations and people within LGBTQ+ communities, including trans, and gender diverse.
If you think you have transferable skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you.
A great team to join
It’s an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Future Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Kelly Hansen – ., quote Requisition ID 83228
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.