Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
About the role
Mater is seeking applications from enthusiastic, customer service focused Food Service Assistants, seeking a rewarding career within our progressive food service department. These positions will be on a casual basis located at our South Brisbane campus.
Providing the highest standards of service to our patients and service partners, these are fast-paced roles that will be best suited to candidates with a strong team focus, who enjoy work that is diverse and requires the prioritisation of tasks.
This position also requires a degree of physical fitness, as you will be on your feet all day, and may include lifting kitchen equipment and pushing heavy trolleys throughout the hospital.
- Please note we are currently seeking applicants with availability of 2 days per week at a minimum.
Salary Range: $24.32 – $26.67 per hour (Private Support Services) + 23% casual loading + plus super + salary packaging access up to $15,900 (penalty rates will also apply)
What you’ll be doing
As a Food Service Assistant you will be involved in a variety of activities throughout the day, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in the kitchens with food preparation
- Delivery and clearance of meal trays
- Pot and dish washing and kitchen cleaning
- Accurately take patient meal orders utilising the operating system CBORD
- Verify meal eligibility by comparing client information to food requirements
- Learn and use appropriate food and drink terminology and pronunciation
- Ability to apply critical thinking, problem solving and effectively deal with complexity
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience working in food services or a similar hospitality/customer service position
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- Good computer skills and ability to quickly learn industry-specific applications
- Moderate level of physical fitness to enable you to work on your feet all shift, pushing and controlling heavy trolleys on a regular and repetitive basis
- Food services experience within a three to five-star hotel will be highly regarded.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000 + strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Increase your take home pay via salary packaging arrangements
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for dining, retail, travel & accommodation
- Access discounted, on-site parking
- Discounted food and beverage at campus cafés and coffee venues
To Learn More about the Mater Food Service Department please click here: https://www.mater.org.au/group/news/mater-news/march-2021/australian-first-celebrity-chef-menu-passes-taste-
- Please note it is a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Advertised:24 Nov 2022 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:23 Dec 2022 E. Australia Standard Time