Work type:Full time
Location:New South Wales
Categories:Finance & Strategy
- Join one of the world’s largest travel groups
- Be supported every step of the way, strive for greatness, the world is open to you
Purpose of theFinance Business Partner position:Location- QLD OR Sydney
Reporting to the Global Flight Centre Brand CFO, you will partner with the FC Brand Sales and Operational Leader and play a vital role in providing strong financial advice, and commercial decision-making support, partnering with stakeholders to achieve the brand strategic objectives. The successful candidate needs to be an experienced finance professional who is commercially astute and demonstrates strong communication, leadership, and collaboration skills.
The Finance Business Partner will partner with the operational leaders and play a vital role in providing strong financial advice, and commercial decision-making support, partnering with stakeholders to achieve the brand strategic objectives
The successful candidate needs to be an experienced finance professional who is commercially astute and demonstrates strong communication, leadership, and collaboration skills.
Main responsibilities: Strategic Planning, Commercial Acumen, Financial Reporting & Review and Financial Compliance
- Work closely with operational leaders of the business to challenge decisions and help drive better commercial outcomes
- Partnering with the Operational leader to understand impacts of past performance as well as future trends to find new opportunities or enhance current business performance
- Manage cost control and policies attached to cost control across the company
- SME & owner for finance deployments/enhancements
2. Financial Reporting & Review:
- Provide monthly performance reporting and value add analysis that enables business stakeholders to make informed decisions. This includes monthly reporting on Results, variance to forecasts as well as weekly trading updates. Reviews/recommendations on shop network efficiencies & cost savings Performance-based reporting by role type – Novice, consultant & Team Leader including recommendations
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement to proactively rationalise existing, and introduce new reporting that aligns to business needs, ways of working and drives delivery of objectives
3. Strategic Planning:
- Work with the Operations Leader to develop and review Profit and Loss forecasts that reflect the operational targets and are aligned with Global strategy
- Work with the Finance SWOT team to develop and maintain Brand balance sheet and cashflow forecasts
4. Financial Compliance
- Working with the Brand Financial Controller to ensure there is adequate financial controls and the reporting is accurate and timely Work with the Risk management teams to ensure the internal control and review in place supports the organization objectives
- Manage and develop internal relationships
- Culturally aligned and able to embrace the FCTG culture and philosophies
- Strong presentation skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- 2+ Years working experience in a similar role
- Advanced time management and prioritisation skills
- Able to communicate complex financial information simplistically
- CA/CPA qualification or another relevant post graduate qualification
- Strong business partnering skills, managing, and influencing stakeholders, building relationships
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, Power Bi
Benefits on offer!
- Paid Parental Leave
- Salary:$108.7k – $117.7k (Based on experience)
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts –accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discountsincluding family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility-Monday to Friday week, business hours – Have your weekends to yourself, (60/40 WFH/Office)
- Brightness of future –career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the global – we promote from within
- Corporate Health Discounts –access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Monthly awards nights,social team building events, and opportunity to attend global conference (Las-Vegas 2022 )
- Sustainability –The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page.
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform
Across our brand,we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals. Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverenceand ownershipdefines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way
Sound like a good fit for you? Apply now.